There are many cosmetic procedures available for women these days, with more categories of treatment than ever before. Although cosmetic surgery remains a popular type of procedure, non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures are frequently sought out, too.
Here are some of the most often performed surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures chosen by women.
Surgical Aesthetic and Cosmetic Procedures for Women
- Breast augmentation is the most commonly performed aesthetic surgical procedure for women. It is also one of the oldest and best researched, with implants being constantly improved upon and adapted for different needs and results. Saline implants and silicone implants are two popular implant options, and new shapes and material density allow women more natural profiles, if desired.
- For some women, diet and exercise alone aren’t enough to rid themselves of troublesome fat deposits, especially after giving birth or having a C-section. Abdominal liposuction is common, with the best results often depending on the skill of the medical expert performing the procedure.
- Tummy tucks can be performed in conjunction with liposuction or on their own. The exact type of incision and location of a tummy tuck will be determined by the extent of excess or loose skin requiring removal.
- Breast lifts. For some women, losing a large amount of weight, or breastfeeding can alter breast firmness. Breast lifts can help women feel more confident about their appearance.
- Eyelid surgery, together with brow lifts, are becoming quite popular among women who want to appear more youthful and fresh-faced. Some people suggest that eye and brow lifts help when improper or excess Botox treatments on the forehead affect a person’s ability to raise the eyes and brows. For other women, fragile and puffy skin in and around the eyelids causes them to seek out blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).
Non-Surgical Aesthetic and Cosmetic Procedures for Women
- Botox or botulinum toxin injections remain one of the most commonly performed aesthetic procedures for women. Although these treatments involve needles and injecting a substance into the skin, they are considered non-surgical and can be performed by a trained medical professional.
- Hyaluronic acid filler injections are a type of dermal filler used to decrease the appearance of moderate to deep lines or wrinkles. The procedure is used on the face and usually takes about one hour to complete, but for most women, repeat treatments will be needed, as the body tends to eventually absorb the material.
- Chemical peels help remove unhealthy skin tissue and treat blemishes. This noninvasive type of aesthetic procedure is a popular one, with the strength of the solution used varying from mild to more intense. For more intense solutions, a medical professional will supervise the treatment.
- Unwanted hair removal by electrolysis or laser treatments provides women with lasting and pain-free results. These treatments usually are performed in a series, after which, when complete, will result in a permanent solution for unwanted hair.
If you are a doctor, marketer, or investor who wants to begin or better manage a medical venture – whether entering new markets or growing your practice nationally or internationally – Cosmetic Medical Partners will partner with you and help your practice grow and thrive.
To schedule a consultation or to hear more about how we can help you, call (718) 268-6060 or fill out our online request form now. We look forward to helping you reach for the stars as you help people live more confidently – and look more beautiful.